win the trial and lose the election
Total votes: 2 (6%)
win both
Total votes: 5 (16%)
lose both
Total votes: 21 (68%)
Total votes: 31

Re: president: trump

What’s interesting to me is that some on the left can’t even fathom how or why someone else would be less politically committed than them without the person in question essentially being their foe, or someone to be converted.

Like, below a certain threshold of activity or demonstrativeness, shy of enough notches to one side, enough hours on the ground—whatever—and the individual reverts to being “part of the problem,” “out of touch,” and may as well be a centrist, or Trumper, or worse.

Go to your local pub, try that on for size, and see how it goes.
ZzzZzzZzzz . . .

New Novel.

I think this is less and less a left problem and something that polarisation is causing across the spectrum. I am friends with a few rightwingers (sane, fiscal conservative types) and they’re becoming much more demonstrative in their politics. I’m not sure where this all goes but social media is definitely the cause.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Gramsci wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 3:38 pm I think this is less and less a left problem and something that polarisation is causing across the spectrum. I am friends with a few rightwingers (sane, fiscal conservative types) and they’re becoming much more demonstrative in their politics. I’m not sure where this all goes but social media is definitely the cause.
Sadly Gramsci, it's the perennial problem of the left. The overwhelming majority will do the bare minimum, then insist the best possible life is a right and not a privilege. Without the daily graft, the good get steamrollered.
at war with bellends