Suicide?

crap
Total votes: 36 (52%)
not crap
Total votes: 33 (48%)
Total votes: 69

Act: Suicide

If you have no hope that things will ever get better, and are simply tired of dealing with the emotional/physical pain you may be going through, is it "wrong" to kill yourself? Obviously, it is terrible for your family and friends...but it seems silly to be in pain but to continue living just so someone else won't be hurt. This poll covers everything from your normal depressive pills/vodka/bag over your head for a chaser to assisted suicide for the elderly.
There are crispy fries waiting to come out of your oven: you just have to make them and put them there.

I suppose it all depends; ultimately it's body politics.

Certainly those who suffer should be allowed mercy and dignity, but I have a much different feeling towards the mentally ill offing themselves. Life sucks but there's always something to open your eyes up to awesomeness, you just need to look. Look at a pug dog. Why not live the same world?

This is silly.

Someone who is terminally ill making a lucid, informed decision could not be more different from someone with suicidal depression.

You can not lump those two events together in C/NC. Waffle factors don't even approach making up for the conflation.

I understand everyone has their own life to live and must make their own decsions but it just seems stupid.
I mean, shit changes. Fast. I mean, when life is on a downswing just wait awhile and ride it out and it'll upswing eventually.
There are always ups and downs in life, always. That's why the ups feel so good. If it was always good, you wouldn't even notice it was good. The fact you've hit bottom makes the top even sweeter when you find yourself there, and you will eventually.
Plus the one line I think is cool in that bible people are always waving around 'The man who has lost everything, is truly free'
That line really sticks with me. It's good shit.
Lost the job, the girlfriend, the band, the apartment?
Now you don't have to worry about any of that shit.
But when it comes down to it, it's a personal thing. I can see where it seems like the thing to do, depression is very powerful.
It's a shit thing to do to people who like you and like having you around, but it's part of life.
Old people who have had enough? Sick people who have had enough?fuck you if you say 'No! I refuse to let you have peace'
Rick Reuben wrote:Marsupialized reminds me of freedom

since none of us has sucessfully committed suicide it seems to make it hard to comment on it. it's like saying that pot should be illegal when you've never smoked pot.
"he probably felt like he owed me something since he just skullfucked me with a drill"