Crazy cassette scratching

WOW! FIrst time I've seen someone "scratching" cassette tapes. Pretty cool. However, I do know that releasing cassette tapes is "cool" in some circles. Thurston Moore has his limited release cassette solo work. Also, i've noticed that young bands, with members who were born after cd's came out, think it's cool to release cassettes.

Are cassettes the new kitchy 8 tracks. For one they are better than 8 tracks, but having used them growing up I also know what a pain in the ass they are.

"I only release my material on cassette tapes." I can't wait to hear a young hipster tell me that line.

I too have noticed that ti is fashionable, particularly amongst the free folk/improv/experimental crowd. I suspect that this is simply because amongst those making this kind of music, there are a lot of people predisposed to taking great pleasure from being as awkward as possible.
Rick Reuben wrote:
daniel robert chapman wrote:I think he's gone to bed, Rick.
He went to bed about a decade ago, or whenever he sold his soul to the bankers and the elites.

Don't know really, it's just a name I see bandied about to describe stuff from Jeffrey Lewis to Sunburned Hand of the Man. I have about as much idea what "free folk" is as I do what "post rock" is. Just one of these stupid buzz terms...
Rick Reuben wrote:
daniel robert chapman wrote:I think he's gone to bed, Rick.
He went to bed about a decade ago, or whenever he sold his soul to the bankers and the elites.