Evil drum hardware

Anyone ever hear of a drummer named jonathan mover(i have not,but i met with him in his NYC recording studio))? in any event ,apparently he is being offered a signature kit thru either Pearl or Tama.
He wants to use H.R.Giger themed drum hardware on his kit so I will be manufacturing "Evil" drum hardware for these kits( imake Gigers sculptures). I am more interested in making a solid design from an engineering point of view.Any thoughts from drummers on the type of metal(no pun intended)/mechanism that will work best? I mean looking cool is one thing but , it'd be nice if they were actually good pieces of drum hardware.no?
Some witty and esoteric latin quote like everyone else has.

Evil drum hardware

So far, the design that is approved is the lug that attaches through the shell. Not sure what he has in mind for the other hardware. but i am hoping you guys might know what some good materials are for their actual composition(the metal they are being made out of) you know, like stainless steel vs. titanium, I suggested a nickel bronze , but is weight an issue? more than the hardness of the metal, ductility what have you..?not sure.
Some witty and esoteric latin quote like everyone else has.