Morgan Freeman drives a 97 Maxima?

...or drove

News wrote:MEMPHIS, TN (WMC-TV) - Academy Award winning actor Morgan Freeman was involved in a serious car accident Sunday night in north Mississippi.

Mississippi Highway Patrol spokesperson Ben Williams said Freeman and a female passenger were traveling eastbound on Mississippi Highway 32 in Tallahatchie County when his vehicle went off the edge of the road. Freeman overcorrected, flipping his 1997 Nissan Maxima several times before coming to a rest.

Emergency crews extracted Freeman and his passenger from their vehicle using the jaws of life. They were then both airlifted to the Regional Medical Center in Memphis, where Freeman was listed in serious condition Monday morning.

The condition of Freeman's passenger has not been released.

Freeman, who won an Academy Award for his performance in 2004's Million Dollar Baby, is a co-owner of the Ground Zero Blues Club in Memphis.

How cool is that. Million dollar actor drove a no big deal 11 year old sedan.

Even though he hasn't done much to illuminate the 9/11 conspiracy, I hope he's OK.

That's too bad.

I can see why someone like Freeman might want to drive a modest car, though-- It's not like he needs to impress anyone at this point. In fact, I bet there's an entire art to being famous, not unintentionally coming off as condescending sheerly on account of "status" and/or merit.

That or maybe he just likes he Nissan, like someone with $2000 in the bank likes the shitty velcro wallet that fits perfectly in his back pocket.

Dave/Eksvplot wrote:That's too bad.

I can see why someone like Freeman might want to drive a modest car, though-- It's not like he needs to impress anyone at this point. In fact, I bet there's an entire art to being famous, not unintentionally coming off as condescending sheerly on account of "status" and/or merit.

That or maybe he just likes he Nissan, like someone with $2000 in the bank likes the shitty velcro wallet that fits perfectly in his back pocket.

Yeah, the 96-98 Maxima's are very nice cars. Very well made, not tacky.