Monitor Shopping

i just did a ton of comparisons as i just bought a new set of monitors. out of the ones i listened to.
from
yamaha
jbl
gelenec
tapco
mackie
krk

i have to say the krk rp8 g2's did it for my ears pretty easy on the pocketbook
and rather nice to listen to. in my opinion . but im not a pro engineer by any stretch of the word
I've got all the natural gas we could ever need

Monitor Shopping

I'd second the KRK option, IMO they have the best ratio of cost vs performance, but placement and room properties carry as much weight in this decision. I'd certainly put some budget aside for good stands or isolation, as this can change the sonic properties at least as much as comparing the different brands.

Monitor Shopping

knowing your monitors well is another important factor in the equation. getting what you'd like to keep for a while now is probably the best option, as switching your monitors mid-stream will require some relearning. i can vouch for krk's as well. i've been using v8s for a while now and they do their job well.

Monitor Shopping

I am not a pro, but I liked the genelec's quite a bit.

I have NS10's and they sound like shit but that's the point.......I guess.

I guess the best thing to do is go and try to listen to each one before buying. If at all possible.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE ME, THEN DON'T READ MY FUCKING POSTS!

Monitor Shopping

Speedie wrote:second - hand Tannoy DMT 10 or DMT 12's. if you can audition a pair anywhere, try some. so nice. I have the 15's and would not part with them ever.

I think my friend had these. If he did, they were nice.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE ME, THEN DON'T READ MY FUCKING POSTS!