Nomeansno?

CRAP
Total votes: 7 (8%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 81 (92%)
Total votes: 88

Band: Nomeansno

I've just started getting on the Nomeansno train in the past year or so. Holy shit. How could such an amazing band have escaped my notice for so long?

"The River" gives me stupid rock face every goddamn time. Epic punk? Punkoprog? What the fuck?

This band rules.
You had me at Sex Traction Aunts Getting Vodka-Rogered On Glass Furniture

Band: Nomeansno

These men do not have it in them to make a bad record (except possibly Mama, but hey, it was early days, and I bet it was interesting at the time; it still is).

For my money, the least crap band in the fucking world.

Arson Smith wrote:...and if you're a fan and don't have that "In The Fishtank" EP... you are COMMANDED to go and get it ASAFP! SUPERIOR versions of "The River" and "Would We Be Alive" (oh but I'm such a sucker for Residents covers to begin with)... also I'm pretty sure I read that there's an additional drummer utilized on this EP

Yeah, this is true. They toured with an extra drummer during the first tour in Europe with Tom on guitar. The double drums were brutal. Check out Joyful Reunion on 0+2=1 for more double drum action. This is actually my favourite Nomeansno track, I think. They always seem to be able to pin down something exactly, lyric-wise, with no excess waste or residue. They manage to be so goddamn heavy yet so funny with it. Rob Wright manages to be not only one of the finest bass players I've ever heard but also one of the greatest lyricists on the planet.

I would travel a long, long way for a nomeansno show, no matter how many times I've seen them.

All hail the corporal flesh. Hail to the lies by which all truths are founded.

Nomeansno are the best. The best, the best, the best.
And if you foolishly object...
I'll cram these words right down your neck.
Last edited by Chapter Two_Archive on Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.