Best Food In Chicago

I have eaten at Pequods twice and don't get it. The pizza seemed average to me, and the place itself seemed like a frat boy hangout.

I liked Salerno's pizza on Grand lots in the past, but I don't get over that way very often anymore. These days it is Pizano's (so good) if I am downtown, and Leona's (pretty good) if I am at home, and Bertucci's (I don't care that it is a chain) if I can get it..

Unos and Genos I don't say no to, but that stuff will kill you quick.

Best Food In Chicago

I just got back from eating at Lulas. On Mondays, they have farm special meals - meals made from local farms, 3 courses. The price is $28. i had a salmon beat tar-tar to start, a full trout (with head!), greens, bacon and garlic for the main course, and some awesome desert with figs that i can't remember because i'm partially wasted right now.

Man, it was FUCKING good. i'll be dreaming of that trout for ages to come (and I was raised on fish!).
Builder/Destroyer | Highwheel Records

Best Food In Chicago

PEPPER! wrote:John, I turned off my computer yesterday and went to bed, but now it's morning and your sig is still doing that . . . that thing. MY EYES

I'm going to leave it up until simmo remarks on it, or people start telling me to remove it.

BTW, I absent-mindedly swiped a pack of your smokes from your back porch the other night. Old habits die hard, I guess.

(smoking i mean, not kleptomania. I'll give you and Julia a pack next time I see you)

Best Food In Chicago

Colonel Panic wrote:
PEPPER! wrote:John, I turned off my computer yesterday and went to bed, but now it's morning and your sig is still doing that . . . that thing. MY EYES

I'm going to leave it up until simmo remarks on it, or people start telling me to remove it.

BTW, I absent-mindedly swiped a pack of your smokes from your back porch the other night. Old habits die hard, I guess.

(smoking i mean, not kleptomania. I'll give you and Julia a pack next time I see you)

don't worry about it . . . smoke 'em till the tits on that thing fall off

Best Food In Chicago

Flaneur wrote:I spent not one but two nights in the garden at Moody's last week. Love their burgers, their fries, and in the summer that garden's great.

That sounds like a good week. Moody's is one of the few really dark bars in Chicago. Fireplace in the winter, garden in the summer. So nice.

I myself am addicted to the #4 Banh Mi at Nhu Lan on Lawrence & Talman-ish, which R.F.F. introduced me to when I moved to Lincoln Square. Lemongrass pork Vietnamese sub. I am thisclose to overdoing these and never wanting another.

Lula's, I like a lot. Good attention paid to a seasonally appropriate menu and things are well prepared.

I have had some really good pizza at Spacca Napoli (whose name I always forget and just call it 'Spiccoli's'). Some "eh", but what is good is very good. I like it much better than Pizza D.O.C. which I find a little greasy for that style of pie.

One week from today, I will dining at my very favorite restaurant, Riccio's Steak and Seafood in Palm Springs. The owner doesn't have enough to do in the summer, so he'll drink a Moretti and tell you all about the excellent menu and the local date plantations in his Don Corleone voice. I will probably eat there four days in a row.

Best Food In Chicago

Moody's. I was trying to remember the name of that place- that's where I went and there were no less than seven people with the same birthday as me there.

Nice place! Like Itchy said, lovely garden in summer, fireplace in winter.

I remember some weirdness about splitting checks or debit cards or something, but that was five or more years ago when I live in Chicago.
Redline wrote:Not Crap. The sound of death? The sound of FUN! ScrrreeEEEEEEE