The strangest people you have stayed with

yaledelay wrote:fedaykin13 wrote:Marsupialized Please elaborate.Well to start with, he never said told me his name (his real name) and when I heard his wife calling him by his real name (and I figured it out) he would never respond unless I called him 'Marsupialized' or 'Sup' or some variation.The first time I stayed with him, he came out of his bedroom at like 4:30 in the morning and insisted I watch "Pushing Tin" with him.I don't know if he was drunk or sleepwalking, but he would not take 'no' for an answer!And I am skilled at pretending I'm asleep.In the morning, he came to my sleeping bag with a hair net, a greasy notepad and a pencil and asked 'what do you take in your coffee'There are many more
scott wrote:It was fun. We laughed, we cried, most of us shit ourselves as far as I know. What a world.

Marsupialized wrote:fedaykin13 wrote:yaledelay wrote:fedaykin13 wrote:Marsupialized Please elaborate.Well to start with, he never said told me his name (his real name) and when I heard his wife calling him by his real name (and I figured it out) he would never respond unless I called him 'Marsupialized' or 'Sup' or some variation.The first time I stayed with him, he came out of his bedroom at like 4:30 in the morning and insisted I watch "Pushing Tin" with him.I don't know if he was drunk or sleepwalking, but he would not take 'no' for an answer!And I am skilled at pretending I'm asleep.In the morning, he came to my sleeping bag with a hair net, a greasy notepad and a pencil and asked 'what do you take in your coffee'There are many moreNone of these things ever happened, in fact fedaykin13 was the strange one. Within five minutes of arriving, he's butt naked, walking around looking in the fridge and shit. Like it's totally cool. In front of my children! I had to explain to them that he's got mental problems and he thinks there are bugs under his skin and just stay away from him while he's here. One night I had to call the fire department, he climbed up in a tree down the block and was yelling at people and shit, wouldn't come down. I also think he stole some of my wife's underwear out of the hamper, but I didn't say anything. I figure he'd just deny it anyway.don't let this man fool youthe fire department was calledonly because after making me watch 'Pushing Tin' he decidedto light the trees on his street on fire to create a 'landing strip'so he could try his hand at amateur flight landing.He kept trying to imitate John Cusack (terribly in fact) from the filmand insisted I wear a feather in my ear.all in all though, i would never want to stay anywhere else in Chicago
scott wrote:It was fun. We laughed, we cried, most of us shit ourselves as far as I know. What a world.

This is a no brainer. I attended a housewarming party for my friend Kevin and his fiancee (The strangest people I've ever stayed with) along with my girlfriend at the time. Their new house was out in the country on a good sized lot. Neighbors and relatives dominated the scene. Everyone had fun, though things were teetering out of control as morning neared.My girlfriend and I awake in sleeping bags on the floor of the living room to Kevin's fiancee shouting repeatedly Why'd you have to suck her titties, Kevin?! Why the FUCK did you suck her titties?! Girlfriend and I peek out of our sleeping bag pile to witness one of Kevin's new neighbors, an older woman, topless, running from the master bedroom and out of the house. We hunker down to avoid involvement.Kevin's fiancee continues shouting, giving more insight into the three-way with new neighbors gone horribly wrong. She begins throwing dishes, each crash punctuated with WHY'D YOU HAVE TO SUCK HER FUCKING TITTIES?! We get up amidst the chaos and try to smooth things over. We are asked to leave, so we happily leave. We later learned that they ended their housewarming party by destroying most of their belongings, and Kevin was taken to jail.

fedaykin13 wrote:yaledelay wrote:fedaykin13 wrote:Marsupialized Please elaborate.Well to start with, he never said told me his name (his real name) and when I heard his wife calling him by his real name (and I figured it out) he would never respond unless I called him 'Marsupialized' or 'Sup' or some variation.The first time I stayed with him, he came out of his bedroom at like 4:30 in the morning and insisted I watch Pushing Tin with him.I don't know if he was drunk or sleepwalking, but he would not take 'no' for an answer!And I am skilled at pretending I'm asleep.In the morning, he came to my sleeping bag with a hair net, a greasy notepad and a pencil and asked 'what do you take in your coffee'There are many moreNone of these things ever happened, in fact fedaykin13 was the strange one. Within five minutes of arriving, he's butt naked, walking around looking in the fridge and shit. Like it's totally cool. In front of my children! I had to explain to them that he's got mental problems and he thinks there are bugs under his skin and just stay away from him while he's here. One night I had to call the fire department, he climbed up in a tree down the block and was yelling at people and shit, wouldn't come down. I also think he stole some of my wife's underwear out of the hamper, but I didn't say anything. I figure he'd just deny it anyway.
Rick Reuben wrote:Marsupialized reminds me of freedom

I spent a night in Sibenik, Croatia, with a very persistent yet harmless male prostitute named Drago. (As we were walking back to his flat, and before I realized he was a prostitute and not just someone letting a room, someone on the street heckled him using the name Alex, so I'm not sure what his real name was.) He spoke nearly perfect English and was quite friendly.It was a pretty damn uncomfortable situation, but by the time he started propositioning me, it was too late to find other accommodations. I didn't care about the gay thing; what bothered me was the constant propositioning.The next morning, I knocked on his bathroom door to see whether he was using the bathroom or whether he had already left for the day; he was still there. Later, when it was vacant, I went in there to shave. As I was shaving, he poked his head around the door."Beeeeee-illl . . .""Yes, Drago?""Do you want sex?""No, Drago. I still don't want sex.""Oh, I thought you perhaps are wanting some sex.""I'm not sure what gave you that idea, Drago.""You knocked on the door when I was using bathroom.""I was just being polite, Drago."After he left, I packed up my bags and got out of there.
My grunge/northwest rock blog