Sweetwater

Yeah, I got some stuff from Full Compass earlier this year and it was there the next day.Bubber wrote:They make me want to send them candy.Funny, Sweetwater just sent me some candy with my last order. I think it was my first. Is that something they always do?

Sweetwater

I don't know about annoying callbacks. I get a call about when an order will ship and if there is a question about an order. That's about it. Maybe it's just the guy I got. Like he called me to tell me that the mic I ordered might be there before Christmas. I didn't really care if it was or not, but I liked the fact that he did. I do like having one point of contact, though. Makes things a bit easier if there is a problem. Nothing bad to say about Sweetwater.

Sweetwater

Ooh! I got an annoying call from them! I bought Strat knobs and a few days after they arrived they called with some questionnaire. At first I thought the guy just wanted to make sure they got here, but then he asked how if I bought from them before, how I heard about it, and what I usually buy online. At this point I had to ask what's the purpose of these questions? and he said something about tayloring my shopping experience or something like that. I told him that I usually buy stuff used and whatever is the cheapest. I think what mostly annoyed me was that he didn't ask if I have time to answer some questions.

Sweetwater

LOL, so they sent out an email intending to mourn the death of Chester Bennington, but their mail server thingy automatically (they claim) attached some sales promo stuff to it, so lots of people were highly offended that Sweetwater would use the guy's grave to flog gear. They of course sent out an apology mass email once they crawled out from under the crapalanche of indignant replies.
www.myspace.com/pissedplanet
www.myspace.com/hookerdraggerlives

Sweetwater

I like Sweetwater. They're helping a lot of people at getting better at making and recording music, regardless of budget range and level of "professionalism"--what's the harm in that? Part of the reason they call you is because they want to make sure your new gear is working for you and you haven't experienced any set backs. Some gear and software proprietors (especially those abroad) have poor or non-existent customer service via phone, so it's not a bad thing to have an intermediary who can talk you through things if needs be.I like my sales associate Ben. He's never tried to push anything on me via cross selling. And when I told him about the music I make he listened to it on YouTube and now wants to pick up a copy when it drops. Would rather deal with someone like that than someone who thinks music starts and ends with Dream Theater and Van Halen.Am pretty confident that between Sweetwater, Vintage King, and Pro Guitar Shop, I could probably get all of the new gear I'd need for the indefinite future (not that I can afford any new acquisitions any time soon).The Chester Bennington thing is a big nothing burger, by the by.