Musician: Ty Segall Crap/Not Crap?

OK... Segall's prolific and works really hard. He obviously knows his way around a lot of instruments, or at least enough to more than get by, which is better than I can say. The word from people I know and trust who are friends with him is that he's a good, standup guy. And he's doing well for himself. I genuinely commend him for those things.But the refried garage aesthetic that he and thousands of other people are flogging does almost nothing for me. Maybe if I was friends with him I'd feel differently, but as it is it's in one ear and out the other for me. When he really lets himself go it can be okay, but people who dared compare Slaughterhouse to Fun House (as Pitchfork actually did) need to go listen to Fun House again - preferably for three days while locked in a closet.It's just too clean and controlled, even Slaughterhouse. I never feel like he's taking real risks. But this is pretty clearly my problem.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

Groucho Marx wrote:Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.