reverb.com...

hmmm... I recently had an attempted fraud on my card for the first time ever and I also somewhat recently purchased something off reverb.com. I have also purchased things many, many other places but still...edit: actually I think I payed with paypal which is connected to my account, not my card so it's probably not that.

reverb.com...

I don't want to make it seem like my experience is universal- but I had such a bad time with Reverb, that I had to do what I never do- get super-irate, complain like a pain in the ass, and finally, have them remove all of my data.So- what happened? Well, security breach, in a nutshell. Problems where I had to stop a credit card that got compromised, notifications from paypal about attempts at hacking, and total system crash- Of four transactions, all four had what I would term fairly problematic security. On top of that- one of them was with a guy I know- who's a friend, and he reported having equal issues on the selling end, and jumped at the chance when I offered to purchase through an alternate venue.So, am I saying you'll have these problems- NOPE. But I am saying I did.

reverb.com...

I had a not-great experience with my first purchase -- a GK 800RB that arrived busted, and according to my local tech was almost certainly shipped broken. Seller said it worked when they sent it and didn't want to pay for repairs, reverb didn't offer much support. Felt like your usual ebay crap all over.

reverb.com...

I just used Reverb.com for the first time. I bought a pair of gibson burstbuckers for $100. I thought a lot of the prices were surprisingly decent, at least among the amps I have searched. I think I can get some decent deals on the amps i want, but I still don't like the idea of buying something I can't try first, especially something vintage and expensive. I did find one amp listed that is in Pittsburgh. I'm going to try that out tomorrow.

reverb.com...

It has a good messaging system and it is free to remove a listing. In my case, someone contacted me about a guitar for sale, we talked on the phone and set up a trade, then I removed the listing. No fees at all, but 900+ people clicked on my ad and I found a taker.

reverb.com...

My transaction went smoothly with the pickups, assuming they work. They'll get installed next week.On neat thing is Reverb has sent me a couple emails when things I watch drop in price. One dropped from 1300 to 950, so maybe that guy is desparate, but that's very useful email to get.Reverb has also sent me emails to let me know when someone has made an offer on an amp I am watching. That actually I think is kind of annoying, as a buyer. It`s good if you're a seller, to drive up the bidding, but If I make an offer on an amp, I don't want everyone else to know. They don't say what the offer was, but you know that you better put in an offer, before it's too late. I'd rather just buy it out from under everyone else's noses. I'm pretty sure the offers weren't accepted though...I do get it though. To keep a service like this viable, you need to do what favors the sellers and keeps them selling on the site. So that isn't as big a deal.

reverb.com...

Sold a dano, and I use it all the time for work. Better fees, better service, but nowhere near the volume. Great for selling a 1974 Hiwatt head, not great for selling parts or lower end stuff- and don't expect things to move quickly.
No one is paying you to sit on that bed and cry.

reverb.com...

Recently sold some musical equipment and had this experience:Listed on Craigslist on and off for months and got absolutely zero serious response. 100% flakey people, and not a single cash offer - all trades and mostly not good ones.Listed on Reverb. A bass sold in a couple of hours. Not at a crazy high price, but a fair one. Really good experience with that sale. Head and cab sat racking up views and watchers, but no offers over about a month.Listed on eBay. Got about double the views and watchers in about half the time on Reverb. Two weeks later both items had sold for about $30 below the "buy it now" price. Fees were bullshit, but if you're serious about selling it, add a bit to the asking price and suck it up. Reverb was very cool and recommended but eBay still wins out for pure volume of users.