Cymbals

Most Zildjian A rides, with the exception of ones marked Ping or Dry, are pretty crashable to me. Sometimes I think I want an actual 18" or 19" proper crash but I usually come around to thinking they all sound too quick and brash. Also they do make actual rides in 18" and even 16" that might fill a different pitch void while having a longer ride-like decay.Also, the ability to 'ride' on the hi hat side of your kit is super fun and underrated in the rock world (jazz drummers do it all the time).

Cymbals

Mason wrote:I'm currently using a single crash/ride. Zildjian A Sweet Ride.I believe this is also the Rutabega crash/ride.That's my main jag too (21") but I think it's just considered a regular ride. Has served me well for nearly 10 years*, though I have my eyes on several K/Constantinoples as soon as I can afford to drop $400-ish on a gd cymbal..*the newer ones, which are a little more brassy & shiny looking, are brighter and less.. erm.. 'sweet'.

Cymbals

I've got one. It's wine-red and old as shit and has this beautiful dark sound when you crash it with 8th notes. Not sure of the make. Also love it as a ride, as it's real thick-sounding - i'm not sure how to say it - the opposite of tinny, I guess. It's my favourite piece of my kit. I got super lucky, though. It was a gift from my drum teacher. If I could only have one cymbal, it'd be that thing.

Cymbals

154 wrote:Most Zildjian A rides, with the exception of ones marked Ping or Dry, are pretty crashable to me.This. Look for a Medium Thin ride. They also make A series crash/rides. Should be easy to find used. If you find some place that lists actual weights of them, look for something with less weight if you want to crash it.