Re: Records that should be reissued.

Yeah, I'd like 1 of Wrong when it happens plz and thank u.

And a page ago I mentioned Sparks records, I found sealed copies of No.1 in Heaven and Kimono My House for $40 apiece, so that's solved (I know you all were wondering).
"Whatever happened to that album?"
"I broke it, remember? I threw it against the wall and it like, shattered."

A record that was screaming for the reissue treatment just got put out on vinyl for the first time since its initial release: the "Girl" 45 by Stratus, from the seventies.

One of the coolest independently released things to have come out of Wisconsin.

Some history here, where you can also buy a copy. (There's also a digital rip here, from a few years back.)

A thing I like about this record is the combination of smooth overall feel with aggressive funky drumming. Sounds very nice for something recorded in a basement.

Edit again: Conflicting info online as to when this came out. So . . . somewhere between '76 and '77.
Last edited by DaveA on Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ZzzZzzZzzz . . .

New Novel.

Vibracobra wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:13 am So Cherubs first two lp's were reissued last August (By Brutal Panda) . I'm happy with my 92' record copy of Icing, but wanted to grab Heroin Man. Too hard since it can be only shipped from USA right now and won't pay 60 € for a record.
Listened to "Icing" remastered tracks. It seems it's been also remixed since now the bass is more distorted and prominent on the left side. Crispier drums and guitars. Which is good, it sounds "better", like it was recorded yesterday. Quite amazing. But after years of listening to the original... I don't see myself listening to that "newer" stuff very often. I kinda like how everything sounds kinda muddy and "centered", like a steamroller.

rsmurphy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:34 pm
El Protoolio wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:06 pm ALL of the Man ...Or Astroman? catalog would be cool too. Servotron too while you are at it.
Lots of Estrus I'd reckon. Start with Teengenerate, just don't muck around with the recordings.
Anyone changing anything about Teengenerate recordings would be immediately catapulted into the sun, imo.

I am fairly certain that Nomeansno did a vinyl reissue of WRONG and possibly others about ten years ago. I didn't jump on it because I'm stupid.

enframed wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:48 pm Acetone's entire disco is getting reissued in a box set and it appears as separates as well, with some releases on LP for the first time.

https://newwestrecords.com/collections/acetone
Man, excellent news. I have everything here and there in a variety of formats (CDR, MP3, Couple on vinyl).....I hope they sound good.

One of my fave fave fave underrated bands. I wore out the s/t for like a year. I think I still have one of the t-shirts somewhere.