Re: Little Details from Your Day

Got a bunch of work done in the past week and am now giving myself a day or two off.

I believe a lot of people now—whether they admit it or not—are some combination of overworked, exasperated, over-committed, and so on.

For someone who enjoys solitude, I don’t have nearly enough literal and psychic space as I’d like. Haven’t had a full 24 hours to myself in a long time. Haven’t left this state since the fall before the pandemic hit. Got a little saved up but have to be careful not to piss it away.

There’s stuff around here that needs to get done that might not get done until somebody dies. It might take two people dying. It’s anybody’s guess now.

I look at the news, and the world appears to be quite a mess, even by conservative standards.

Things are basically alright though. People can throw all of the rocks at me they want, but I’ve got reasons to get out of bed every morning. There’ve been times in the past in which it appeared this wasn’t so.

It’s gonna be a long, possibly very bumpy road in between now and Election Day, so chilling the fuck out will have to be in the cards more and more. For me and everybody else. Left, right, center, it doesn't matter . . . I think rationing the chaos might be a wise strategy.
ZzzZzzZzzz . . .

New Novel.

Re: Little Details from Your Day

Have had a semi-busy week that included an appointment with a drone photographer who, as it turns out, also happens to be from Wisconsin and lived in Minneapolis for a spell. We chatted a bit about First Avenue and it was rather amusing. Am wondering now how many of the people I might encounter here are actually from here. This state has the largest percentage of transplants of any in the country.

When the sun’s been out, the weather here has been splendid, especially in the late afternoon. Has that quality of being a decent foil for either shorts or slacks, a light top or something more insulated. That’s the stuff right there. Tourists are probably drawn to the more hot and humid “beach weather,” but I enjoy more moderate temps that more resemble “Indian Summer” in the north.
ZzzZzzZzzz . . .

New Novel.