Re: Those 2024 albums worth a damn.

A_Man_Who_Tries wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 3:40 am
jimmy spako wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:14 pm Does anyone remember those links to the three demo tracks on the old board? I downloaded them back then and listen to them when I am out and about and need a manic blast.
Crunchy and soaring, exhilarating.
They used to post here, don't know if they still do.
I had their permission four years ago to put one of those tracks on a mix I wanted to do, they sent me a hi-res version, but the context where I wanted to put it out kind of fell through.

I am so excited for this one.

If you haven't heard those tracks and like the preview above you are in for a real treat (provided they are on there, but I have to believe they will be, as they are in the same general style).
PM me those would you? Long lost to an old laptop.
I'd feel more comfortable waiting and seeing if they're on the album first.

Sour Widows - Revival of a Friend - imagine Pile but more dense 2-guitar interplay, two lady singers harmonizing, and more willing to sit in a space for a minute
Thou - Umbilical - exceptional, even for them
Necrot - Lifeless Birth - nothing earth-shattering, just solid-ass death metal with the best lowbrow metal album cover I've seen in a long time
Jessica Pratt - Here in the Pitch - super minimal, lovely pop record with a very distinctive voice (literally and figuratively)
The Body & Dis Fig - Orchards of a Futile Heaven - I like their collabs with femme vocalists - majestic
and if I can sneak in a December 2023 record: Elephant Walk - Dreadnought Demo

brephophagist wrote: Sour Widows - Revival of a Friend - imagine Pile but more dense 2-guitar interplay, two lady singers harmonizing, and more willing to sit in a space for a minute
Thanks for the tips - a nice mix, but Sour Widows is cream of the crop - great stuff. Sitting here by a fire with a dog and a calzone, Sour widows tops it off!

Slowly warming to Thou - can appreciate it, but definitely need to be in the mood.

On a totally different note, looking fwd to new Laura Marling - new single is a warm beam of sunshine…