Re: Massively Underrated Stuff.

dontfeartheringo wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:34 pm
numberthirty wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:28 pm Anne Marie Griffin as a backing vocalist.

Verbena.
This right here.
One other thing there...

(and, seriously... feel free to skip this one because it gets nerdy....)

The mix that Phil Thornalley did for Souls For Sale.

When you look at the guy's career overall?

Him mixing Souls For Sale makes right around "Zero..." sense. There's maybe one other thing he did that is even close.

That said, it is a really brilliant piece of work that the guy never really gets any credit for.

twelvepoint wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:39 am At some point in the early/mid aughts I was able to come out of the closet as a Rush fan. It was very liberating no longer having to pretend I came out of the womb listening to velvet underground and the stooges or whatever nonsense people do.
I found in the early/mid aughts is when I finally started to like Rush after years of american media suggesting that I must like them because of my motherland. What was it that changed that we were allowed to like Rush? Just memory? Trailer park boys?

TylerDeadPine wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:44 pm
twelvepoint wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:39 am At some point in the early/mid aughts I was able to come out of the closet as a Rush fan. It was very liberating no longer having to pretend I came out of the womb listening to velvet underground and the stooges or whatever nonsense people do.
I found in the early/mid aughts is when I finally started to like Rush after years of american media suggesting that I must like them because of my motherland. What was it that changed that we were allowed to like Rush? Just memory? Trailer park boys?
I think they had a pretty good final 15 years or so. Not like they toiled in obscurity before that, but they were doing the amphitheater thing and then seemed to move back to arenas for stuff like the Moving Pictures 30th anniversary and then the R40. Snakes and Arrows and Clockwork Angels were solid records. Like you said, Trailer Park Boys and I Love You Man. They were good with press and social without trying too hard to seem young and in touch.
he/him/his

www.bostontypewriterorchestra.com

twelvepoint wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:37 am
TylerDeadPine wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:44 pm
I think they had a pretty good final 15 years or so. Not like they toiled in obscurity before that, but they were doing the amphitheater thing and then seemed to move back to arenas for stuff like the Moving Pictures 30th anniversary and then the R40. Snakes and Arrows and Clockwork Angels were solid records. Like you said, Trailer Park Boys and I Love You Man. They were good with press and social without trying too hard to seem young and in touch.
That is a good answer thanks

A_Man_Who_Tries wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:21 am Good socks.
For real. Good socks that fit. Most men’s socks are made to fit size 10-13, and I’m a 16. For years I just bought whatever was cheap and available. I was recently gifted a pair of REI hiking socks made to fit dudes like me with too much foot, and now I’ll never go back to the cheap stuff that doesn’t fit.