Re: Small questions that don't fit anywhere

Curry Pervert wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 3:13 pm Watch out for splinters.
Did you ever sit on a cracked or broken toilet seat that like snaps back and bites your ass hair if you move around? That’s what this reminds me of. Has to go. For some reason these grabbers (lol) are actually going for good money. I never sell anything and it’s starting to pile up. Especially after getting into synths/euro rack.
https://instagram.com/homo_nyms_?igshid ... c2ODk2ZA==
https://slowdownmercury.bandcamp.com/

MoreSpaceEcho wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:43 am
Gramsci wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:16 am The question is really “would a better high gain distortion pedal fix this?” If so can people recommend a good “metal” distortion pedal with good note separation.
I like this thing for metal. That said, i only play metal once in a great while. Most of the time I'm playing strummy indie/shoegaze kind of stuff and I've really found that i much prefer single coils/low gain humbuckers/cleaner amps, etc. Any time I try it with a high gain sound, almost immediately I'm like nah, so boring. i like being able to drive the amp with my right hand and with too much gain it's just too mushy and undynamic.
I actually “scooped the mids” and there was an improvement. I do think I need to check out some more distortion pedals. A have a terrible feeling a Boss HM2 might be the solution 😭
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Gramsci wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 2:47 am I need some advice on my home (studio) rig.

I’ve got a Mesa Mark I plugged into a Mesa CabClone. My effects are running through the Mark I loop. I’m either playing to a good pair of Sennheisers or into my laptop via an iRig.

The clean signal is fantastic with my SG and Travis. But the distortion pedals I’m using is a struggle. I’ve got a Hotcake, which as low gain overdrive sounds great but my RAT and XXL both are clipping when I play chords. Chuggy riffing is fine but if I play a full barred chord the separation is terrible. Is this the pedals? If so can someone recommend a good high gain distortion pedal. Or is this just what happens with my set up?

For context when I say a full chord I mean a high gain
dropped D bar with a polychord off the high strings a la Helmet and that general vibe.
Ok...

I take it the question is specifically -
Can someone suggest a solid "Metal..." distortion pedal running into this particular rig?...

Gramsci wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:52 am
Gramsci wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:16 am The question is really “would a better high gain distortion pedal fix this?” If so can people recommend a good “metal” distortion pedal with good note separation.
I like this thing for metal. That said, i only play metal once in a great while. Most of the time I'm playing strummy indie/shoegaze kind of stuff and I've really found that i much prefer single coils/low gain humbuckers/cleaner amps, etc. Any time I try it with a high gain sound, almost immediately I'm like nah, so boring. i like being able to drive the amp with my right hand and with too much gain it's just too mushy and undynamic.
I actually “scooped the mids” and there was an improvement. I do think I need to check out some more distortion pedals. A have a terrible feeling a Boss HM2 might be the solution 😭
As I mentioned in another thread, Line 6 is selling off NOS pedals and other gear, and the Uber Metal is about fifty bucks shipped. It has a noise gate which is essential, and a versatile mid scoop / sweep.
Escape Rope / Black Mesa / Inflatable Sex Babies

ChudFusk wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 9:21 pm

As I mentioned in another thread, Line 6 is selling off NOS pedals and other gear, and the Uber Metal is about fifty bucks shipped. It has a noise gate which is essential, and a versatile mid scoop / sweep.
Cheers. The reviews are definitely love/hate for that pedal. One you approve of?
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Gramsci wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:00 am
ChudFusk wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 9:21 pm

Cheers. The reviews are definitely love/hate for that pedal. One you approve of?
I got one and I like it, so yes, I approve. What sold me was a video of some street guitarist playing Necrophagist with just one of these into a portable PA speaker. It sounded just like the album!
Escape Rope / Black Mesa / Inflatable Sex Babies